Friday, December 21, 2012

The stitches are out

So many people are asking me how Miss Bailey is doing. I am so sorry that I have not been better about keeping the blog updated. Life has been crazy since we got home. But crazy in a good way!! Our Little Princess is doing very well, trying to keep her down some days is almost impossible. Yesterday marked two week since her surgery. It is amazing what two weeks of healing can do. If you looked at her with a hat on you would never know she just had a major brain surgery. She is dancing, twirling  talking and singing like crazy. She slept  a lot for the first week and had a hard time with the noise and lights, but since Tuesday she has not slowed down. I am so grateful that she is feeling better, just in time to enjoy the holidays. It has been a lot this past 4 months and she deserves to finally feel better and just enjoy life!! I am so happy it is over. It makes me cry to think of what we have been through, what we have put Bailey through and to know its all over. I guess it is just overwhelming. When you are in the moment all you can do is put your brave face on, you don't have a choice but to be strong and go forward. Especially with Bailey, before the surgery she had no idea what was about to happen and we didn't want to scare her so we just hung out and sang and danced while we waited to kiss her good night.
 Yesterday we took her to the pediatrician to get her stitches removed. She had 33 stitches on the big scar and 6 random ones from the drain and the claw that holds her head during the surgery. It took two hours to get them out. She tried very hard to hold still and be brave but she was terrified!! I don't blame her, I think I would have screamed too. I wanted to just watching!!! I am so happy to have them out, that finalized the surgery and now we are officially done!! YAY!!!!!!!!
The next question I get is about the seizures. I am happy to say that we have not seen any seizures big or small!! What a relief!! She does not even have any scary moments where they try to come but don't break all the way through. Yep she is just your normal bossy three year old and I love it. In January she will be healed enough to go back to school and start dance again. Bailey loves her classes and has really missed them. She have not been to school since September and then tried a day in October and she just was to miserable with everything to go. So now she gets to go back and we can focus on catching her up.

I also wanted to share the new we received from her Doctor here in Salt Lake. Dr. Filloux called me yesterday after reading the reports from Cleveland. He was just checking in on us to make sure things were going well at home and to Wish us a Merry Christmas. I always get nervous when the doctors call, but this call was finally good news. I get emotional just writing this. In the two and half years we have been fighting these seizures, we have NEVER walked away talking to the doctors with good news. He told us the biopsy of the tissue they removed from her brain came back showing a malformation. This means they found something in her brain that could be the trigger and they removed it. That gives Bailey better chances of the surgery working!!! Our hopes are up and it feels good to think we have a good chance at giving her a normal, happy, healthy, life!! So Happy!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment