Monday, December 10, 2012

Quick update

We are out of the hospital and taking two days at the Cleveland Clinic Guest house to recover before we make our way home. If feels so good to see Bailey up and walking around. She is still a little unstable but by the time we get off the airplane she will be back to normal. The surgery went well and the recovery has already started. She is talking like crazy and regaining strength in her right hand. I am so proud of my little Bailey Bug, she has been so brave through this whole thing. The first two days after surgery she just looked at us with these big sad eyes. It was heartbreaking to see our crazy little girl down like that. It's not like Bailey to be sad or quiet. But I think she just needed some rest because she is back!! I just love her personality. And now she is so bossy! I try not to laugh as she is bossing me around but its so darn funny. The best moment of our whole stay was today when the doctor was trying to leave the room to see another patient. Bailey looked at him as he said good bye and said "where you going?" he answered and she didn't like the answer so she said to him again "where you going sweetie?" We all just started laughing. I looked at her and said "did you just call the doctor sweetie? And she just laughed. Best moment by far. Again I love this little girls personality!!  Well just wanted to give a quick update on where we are and how our Princess is doing. Thank you again for all the prayers and well wishes. It was a sad couple of days and it helps to hear from everyone. I am happy its over and I never want to see another hospital again. Oh but I have to say the sweet nursing staff gave Jared and I an extra chair to sleep on so we didn't have to share a bed this time. SHHHH don't tell. That is so against the rules. But that's Jared and I, rebels we never follow the rules!!



                                                        First Smiles!!
                                                    On Our way to the Hotel


                                          Walking around for the first time
                 Just waking up from Surgery. She loves her Eugene Doll from the Disney show Tangled.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, just ran across your blog a few days ago. Complex partial is close to my heart as my sweet angel suffers from them as well. We are praying for Bailey's quick recovery and a lifetime full of seizure free days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley, Thank you for the prayers. Do you have a blog about your little one? I hope all goes well, what treatments have you tried or are the medications working? Thank you for reaching out. I love to talk with families dealing with the same. It helps to talk to others going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I don't blog, at least not currently:) Regan is 5 and just started school this year. Her first seizure was at 13 months old. Her seizures were controlled by meds. After being 1 year seizure free on meds, she was taken off. She had a seizure September 29th after almost a year being off meds. Because she did have a fever when this seizure occurred, we do not plan to put her back on meds. Your Bailey is just beautiful.

      Delete