Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Back to Cleveland

We made it safe and sound. The flight was great and the taxi ride was thrilling!! We arrived just in time for dinner and Bailey ordered her favorite, Nachos with lots of dipping sauces! 
It amazes me how sweet and happy my little Bailey is. She knows where we are going, she knows what they do in the hospital but that little princess was so delighted to get on the plane and fly!! I was worried that she would never get on a plane again after our last visit, and maybe her desire to fly will be gone after this trip, but for now nothing we have done has changed her outgoing sassy little spirit. Sometimes I want to close my eyes and pretend I am three years old. Not a care in the world, not understanding the hard choices that are being made for her. To live each day happy and twirling around in circles for hours singing "I knew you were trouble" by Taylor Swift. I am so grateful for my happy child. It's hard to stay sad for  long when she is jumping around you saying "spin mommy spin". She is such a princess, and not one of those spoiled princess divas. I always worry about her since she has my undivided attention when we come to Cleveland or any hospital stay. But as soon as we get home, she forgets all about me to follow her brother and sister.  Tonight we checked in with Madison and Korbin and used the face time on our phones.  As soon as the kids saw each other they just started laughing and making silly faces at each other  It made my day, it made the bad go away for just a moment, it made me so proud to be their mom!! They all love each other so much. They are her biggest cheerleaders, they can make get her better faster than anything or anyone else. All she needs is Korbin's crazy faces and Madison dancing around her. Not only is Bailey strong but the selflessness  Madison and Korbin have inspires me.They are six and eleven and for the last three years Bailey has dominated our time and energy  I have never heard an ill word from either one of them. They don't hold any resentment or anger, they just want their baby sister to get better. The strength it took Madison to kiss her sissy goodbye without showing her how sad she was  amazed me. I could not do it and yet her she was just giving her a big kiss fighting the tears back. I love them all so much and love being there mommy!! It really makes this whole thing so much easier when you have amazing kids and family! We have been blessed truly blessed!! 
This journey has been hard and at times I have felt like I was not going to get through it. I have wanted to crawl into a hole and hide from everything and everyone. But here we are a day away from the Big Surgery and hopefully a fresh start and a life free from seizures. Even if she can't be seizure free I believe very strongly that this surgery will give her enough relief from them to live a normal, happy, healthy and fulfilling life. 
Thank you to everyone praying for Bailey and all of your kind words and thoughts. We appreciate them so much. All the encouragement helps get us through the day. We love you all and will keep you updated often during these difficult few weeks ahead.
Love 
The Bates


No comments:

Post a Comment