Monday, March 19, 2012

Seizure Free and loving every second of it!!!

Wow I have a lot to catch up on. Let me just start by saying Depakote is my new favorite drug!!! It worked. After trying almost every medication available to Bailey because of her age and type of seizure, we finally found the one that worked! I am not sure if it is the combo of the surgery and medications or just the new medication but either way Bailey is Seizure Free!!! She has not had one since Jan.28, 2012. WOW!!! I can't not believe I am saying this. I was starting lose hope that we would not find the answer to relieve her from these daily seizures. It is crazy to see the difference between a seizure free Bailey and when she is having them daily. Her speech is incredible right now. She is speaking in 3-4 word sentences and her vocab is increasing every day. For those who have been following our story, we were supposed to go to Cleveland on Feb. 5, 2012. We called all of her doctors and were advised to postpone our trip and just play the wait and see game. This game is something we  do a lot.  I am not very good at it, but it is much easier when things are going in your favor. I was still a little nervous for the first month but now I don't know why but it just feels different. Like they are gone and not coming back. I am trying not to be naive and say she is forever seizure free but for now I am going to take a deep breath and just enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. What an angel!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete