Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Purple Day FUN!!







Purple, purple and more purple!! Its a good thing I love the color purple or we might have had some problems.  I love everything that "Purple Day" stands for. Its a day to let the world know about epilepsy and to educate those who are afraid or have misunderstandings about what it really is.  I have to say first I am not an expert... I knew nothing about seizures when all of this started. I thought my sweet baby was just trying to "poop" when she made those silly faces. Little did I know that her "pooping face" was an actual seizure. So I am happy that people everywhere can take notice of the purple or read  the social network sights for one day and ask What is Epilepsy.
So where to start on this fun crazy day. First we had "purple cookies" for Madison's class and Korbins preschool. I was so proud of both of them for standing up in front of their classmates and talk about what our family has gone through. Madison asked her class if anyone knew what epilepsy was and only one person in her entire 5th grade class raised their hand. That really shocked me. Korbin was so funny he just said "it's purple day for Bailey" he is so cute! After the classes we came home and while Bailey napped  I got everything ready for the night. I made a purple zebra cake. It was colored with dark purple and light purple cake. It did not turn out great because the colors were to close together to see the strips , but the family humored me and said they loved it. Madison and Korbin did a great job at decorating our cake. After we decorated the cake Jared came home and we went to the Murray City building for a balloon launch. We wrote names on tags for everyone that we knew with Epilepsy. The kids were so cute with all of those balloons and it was fun to see them float up so high across the sky. I think this will be a new tradition for our family on every "March 26th"! After the balloon launch we came home for dinner. I made purple pancakes, eggs and milk. It was a little wierd eating everything purple but we did it and had a lot of fun in the process. Overall our "Purple Day" was a fun new adventure and I can't wait to do it again next year!!!!  Oh and today marks TWO MONTHS WITH NO SEIZURES!!  IT CAN"T GET ANY BETTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment