Friday, January 6, 2012

Doing Good!

I just wanted to post an update about Baileys and her many medications. Jared and I decided to take a chance and go back down  to only three meds. It was a little crazy for a few days but we did it! We made the transition instead of 5 different pills or liquids a day we are back to three. I just love that Dr. Filloux gave us the option to go back down. Currently Bailey is on Depakote 2.5 pills a day, Vimpat 12mls a day and Oxcarbazepin 3 pills a day. Bailey is back to taking a normal 2 hour nap a day, and can stay awake once you give her the meds for at least an hour. We are making progress and I am so happy! She did have a seizure today :( It  was really hard on her and wiped her out, but before today she had made it 2 days again seizure free! I will take it!! Her speech is amazing the words that are coming out of her mouth just amaze me. Bailey is also climbing like a little monkey! It's so nice to just relax and not live in that fear day after day of watching and waiting for the next episode. I am So HAPPY!!!! What a great great way to start this great New Year! Happy 2012 And to many many more good days!! At this rate maybe we won't need that second surgery! FINGERS CROSSED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment