Thursday, July 26, 2012

Help

OK for the last month or so when the seizures started coming back, Bailey  started to get sleepy all day again. Some days are great and others she is out all day. Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions on trying anything different? She is currently on three medications and Jared and I thought that was the problem. She does get sleepy after her medications and will usually fall asleep within 20 mins but then wake up an hour to two hours after and be fine. This last month it is a whole different thing. Its almost like something is going on inside that I can't see and she can't explain. Its so frustrating!!! Bailey will be just fine one minute then the next she can't keep her eyes open,she has a hard time communicating and has lost all coordination. Can anyone relate to this? I swear I am going crazy. Is something going on or not? That is always ALWAYS the question.  
On a much happier note, we took Bailey to her first water park tonight and she loved it. It was a fun family outing without issues. The water scares me with all my children but especially Bailey. Today she had a good day for the most part so that was a nice break. I want her to experience everything like all kids do. I really need to get over the fear of these seizures. Madison (my oldest) and I were talking today and she was concerned because we  went to laser tag  last night and the sign said something on long the lines of "If you have epilepsy you can not participate in this activity." It made her stop and think about how carefree her life is compared to what Bailey will deal with. I take for granted my health, I think most of us do. Its not until I see these little signs somewhere that I am reminded that it will be a little different for bug. I just signed her up for her first tumbling class. We start next Wednesday, I am so excited !! When Jared and I first saw this class Bailey was seizure free, at that time I thought I won't even bring it up to the teacher since things are going so well. Now here we are a week away and having issues like crazy. I called the teacher expecting the worst, but wow did she prove me wrong. It was the first time I had told someone about bugs problem without them hesitating or getting nervous. She was happy to have her and never paused. I hate the thought of always signing her up for something and saying "oh by the way, she has epilepsy". People are afraid of it, I was am afraid of it. Not the seizure but the aftermath. The fall, the sleepiness, the confusing look on her face like "what just happened"? I am so grateful for that teacher, I felt so great after that phone call. It proved to me that Bailey still can participate in most everything. It's days like this I wish I could bottle up how I feel and pull it out on the bad days. I need to remain focused on the positive. I need to get Bailey through this without feeling like she is "epilepsy". Does that makes sense. Well I best be off to bed since its 2am and Madison has an 8:20am dentist appt. and we are taking the kids back to seven peaks tomorrow night! 

This is what happens after we give her the medications.
Bailey playing dress up! She has a thing for only putting one arm through her shirts. I guess she likes the one shoulder style!! She is such a princess!!




1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just saw the last few posts, and I am so sorry. I know how it is and it's the worst feeling in the world. Cole used to sleep all day, but that was when his seizures first started. I wonder if she is so sleepy because she was doing so well that now that they are back he brain has to get used to having them again??? ...again, I have no idea why that would be, but I noticed strange things w/Cole. We just started using L-Carnosine and we've had pretty good results...you can read about it here:

    http://www.autismcoach.com/l_carnosine_autism_p/ac-004.htm

    ...another mom told me about it. Anyways, if you do go to Cleveland...they are having an Epilepsy Surgery Conference/Support group. I'm so excited to go to it...it's Aug 10th & 11th at the Hyatt Hotel. They will have a catored dinner on the 10th & Breakfast & Lunch on the 11th. ALL of the Pediatric Neuro's will be there as well as the surgeon. Here is the info if your interested in going to it...and maybe you can make an apt as well. We will be there from the 8th-12th http://my.clevelandclinic.org/epilepsy_center/pediatric_epilepsy/support_group/reunion.aspx

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete